Friday, October 2, 2009

Bannnnnzaii!! and a couple other adventures

Jon's parents arrived here 9/17, and so we have been doing our share of "exploring" around the island. The first weekend that they got here, we rode the old Oahu Railway train up to Waianae on Sunday afternoon. How fun! Aiden was more than excited, and he even got to blow the train whistle after the ride was finished. He jumped from it being so loud, but he loved it!
We also went out to the Pali lookout, which I had yet to see. It was beautiful and soooo windy! The was absolutely no point in combing my hair that day! That was actually my birthday and we celebrated by eating dinner at the Shorebird downtown (one of my favs)

Miss Averie did a lot of this on our adventures.......

We headed up to North shore since there was a high surf warning. The waves were expected to be around 12-15 feet. I haven't seen big waves here yet, so I was excited to go out and see what we could. We chose Banzai pipeline as our viewpoint. It was soooo cool!! I loved watching the surfers out there trying to catch a big one. I could have camped out there all day just watching. I can't wait until winter when the waves get HUGE...I'll be toting my camera as well as the munchkins for those :)

2 comments:

  1. Cool pics. Pali did a number on my hair as well. If you're going for the wind whipped look, it's the place to be. It sure is beautiful there. It's worth the tangled hair! I bet Aiden loved the train and the horn - what fun for a boy, especially a boy who loves Thomas the Train. Fun, Fun, Fun! I'm glad you're having some fun adventures. It's nice to have company because we tend to go and see more that is around us - it kind of gives the incentive to make it happen. It's works out in our favor. By the way, the gal who gave me my facial lived in Hawaii as a girl (she asked where I moved here from) and she lived in Ewa Beach and was born at Tripler. Small world, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. K i just have to tell you that i LOVE LOVE LOVE the family photo at the top of your blog now!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO dang adoreable! k i am done! lol muah!

    ReplyDelete