Thursday, February 10, 2011

SWEET SEVENTEEN (months)




Averie Emma Brown...aka DIVA aka Ave aka Sisserina aka Ninja aka Angel Muffin. This sweet busy ball of energy changed our lives forever SEVENTEEN months ago today. Time is FLYING! I love everything about this girl even though she gives my patience a run for its money just about every 45 minutes. I admire her thrill to try new things. I love watching her accomplish something and feel so proud of herself. I love how she nods with her ENTIRE body while mouthing words that never actually come out. She's starting to appreciate shoes, and has to wear the pair SHE wants to when leaving the house. Who can knock a girl for that? ;) Averie is VERY Particular, or at least it's starting to look that way. Her food has to be ON her tray and her drink cannot be with it until she's ready to wash her food down. She loves dolls and Elmo and her friend Dmitri. She's absolutely head over heels for her big brother, and watching her wave and blow kisses to him through the laptop while he's away melts my heart. 

The funniest thing about Averie at the moment are her faces. She can furrow her brow and get sassy at the drop of a hat. She will get all serious, let out an "ugh" and purse her lips. Heeeelarious!

The last few times we have gone to give her a bath she has FREAKED OUT while removing her diaper. Jon and I could not figure out why she was going ballistic on us. Two nights ago, I went to take of her diaper and she flipped and ran out of the bathroom screaming into her room. Come to find out, she prefers to have her diaper taken off on her changing table before her bath. Who knew? I sure as heck did not!

The Many faces of Averie are as follows...





My personal Favorite :)


We went swimming with friends today so I took the opportunity to capture Ave in her swimsuit.



I love her chubby little dorito covered hands


Homegirl has the BOMB lashes...wait till she's allowed to wear mascara!
She brings so much joy to our lives. I could not imagine life without her!

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a doll. But Grandpa says she is getting spoiled. I think that is a good thing for now. But if it gets out of hand. Watch out Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete