Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baby Averie...in 3-D might I add


There has been some "talk" whether it's from people at the grocery store, the doctor, girlfriends, whatever that say "wow you don't look 8 months pregnant, you're so tiny!" At first, I would secretly bask in my silent glory that yes, I didn't turn into a huge elephant, thank you very much, and I still don't need maternity pants. As vein and snoooty as that can sound, I also began to worry. What's wrong with this girl? Should I eat that extra bite of fries or pizza eventhough I can't breathe? Should I take up a new slurpee addiction? (I wouldn't have minded that one) :) But I kept asking myself, "where is the weight gain?" When the doctor measured my belly as being too small and sent me for yet ANOTHER growth scan and a non stress test, the stress started. He assured me that there isn't anything I am doing wrong, but I wasn't 100% convinced.


The NST (non stress test) went fine, no contractions and strong heartbeat. The nurse was joking about how active she was in the belly. Yeah lady, tell me about it. It's my ribs and organs that she's sparring with in there. Anyway, so I left for vegas and had an ultrasound scheduled for the 5th.


Jon and I dropped off Aiden at a friends and we headed to the hospital. Our sonographer, Terry, was an absolute character. Just imagine a rather pretty older lady, a little heavy, white hair, glasses, a HEAVY smoker's voice and the rather blunt sense of humor to match. We loved her. She's married to an ex-marine, so you can imagine the type of woman that has to bear that :)


What we discovered during the ultrasound is that Averie's head is so far down that it's actually past the point where they begin to measure, resulting in the small measurements at my appointments. We also discovered that SHE'S GOT HAIR!! An inch long to be exact. Homegirl is going to need bows in the hospital. I'm thrilled about this! We saw it floating the the amniotic fluid all crazy. Too funny. She also has Jon's feet. Terry said, "Good Lord who has the longer second toe, mom or dad!" We just cracked up and sure enough, a mini version of Jon's foot came up on the monitor!! She weighs 4 pounds, 13 ounces, and is in the 34% percentile overall. YIPPEE! She's a healthy, happy lil' kickboxer in there! We were able to get some super secret 3-D shots of her face. I fell in love all over again.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the 3D pics! It's like you can almost tell what they will really look like! She is adorable... and how fun that she will have hair! Get your bows all ready! Girls are soooo much fun! Oh and about the weight thing... I just think every woman and every pregnancy is different... I hardly gained anything with Aubrie... but who knows... my next pregnancy could be the opposite! Enjoy it! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you got some piece of mind!!! She's adorable ... can't wait to meet her (and Jon, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! I'm soo glad everything is going great! can't wait to see her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Shims!!! She is such a mini Lauren Nicole!! Kath and I are just sitting here dying, she looks so much like you did when you were a little babe. She is so cute, love that button nose. Glad everything is looking good. And I'm pretty sure my belly has passed you up by now...even though Maga tried to put me into that category 3 weeks ago! Can't wait for Averie's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad all is well! She is adorable. Isn't it amazing how clear the pictures are these days? Technology is amazing! As for the hair, Lauren was born with long hair - the only down side to that was that it was kind of anti-gravity. I could hardly keep it from sticking up all over the place. But at that age, even that is adorable. So it's all wonderful! Hope you can relax and just enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete