Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Aiden is Back and Block Leave

Aiden was returned to us on Sunday the 5th, and we were very happy to welcome him home. He was definitely happy to see us as well. He has said over and over, " I missed you and am so happy." I just love when he says things like that. He's been full of snuggles and kisses and still loves his pop tart every morning for breakfast :) It's nice to have him back and just be with him all day. One of the first things he did was want to touch my belly so baby Averie can "jump." He let out a few belly laughs when he felt her move beneath his hand....I LOVED IT! I can't wait to meet her, and see the two kids together.

The unfortunate thing about Aiden's return is that he is COMPLETELY un-potty trained. It took so much mental effort on my part to get Aiden to where he was, and now it was all for not. He has no desire to use the potty, doesn't even mention it. I started using some Thomas stickers as a bribe and it seems it might work....if he feels up to it. Big bummer :( I'm not sure when to start again since he leaves in less than a month for another trip, and I don't want the same thing to happen. I guess we can just take it slow and remind ourselves that he won't go to college in Pull ups. :)

While Aiden was gone, Jon had his block leave. Its the set time soldiers in their unit can take leave before deployment. Jon took 2 weeks, and I loved every minute of it. We never were really 100% alone since before the wedding, so this was a good time to spend just being together...and sleeping in! I can't remember the last time I slept in until 11am, but Jon and I made sure that happened. Often!

We spent the time off seeing movies you would usually need a babysitter for, eating out, the military surf classic, more eating out, father's day brunch at Hale Koa then looking for sea turtles and toolin' around on a friend's boat, a BBQ, AMAZING salmon and cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory in Waikiki, accumulating things for baby Averie's arrival, working to sort out the garage (this was definitely a Jon thing, and it's looking fantastic), finishing up the painting of the walls and hanging pictures, golfing in Kanehoe, and just being together.

I could do nothing but sit on a sofa and stare at flies on the wall as long as Jon was there next to me. I just love being with him, doing anything. I honestly don't care what it is. It's a wonderful feeling. I loved our little bit of time alone, as this is going to be the last time before we welcome Averie and Jon leaves for the desert. Too bad it couldn't last just a bit longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment