Sunday, July 26, 2009

Talented Aunt Tina...and G-ma Tootie too!


Jon and I got an e-mail a couple weeks ago from Jon's sister, Tina, telling us to look out for a rather "large box" coming our way via the postman. So we waited, and waited, and waited some more. Finally we got the little orange slip in our box that said we had a parcel. Yippee! I love getting packages! So I promptly call the post office the next day and they told us we can come pick it up. Jon ran down the street and brought home the rather hefty item. I've been wondering what in the world it could be since the box was so huge, and we were asked to call Tina when we received it so we could get "dismantling instructions." Huh? It needs instructions to be taken apart? What in the world??

So I call Aiden downstairs and give Jon a knife so we can tear into this bad boy. To our amazement, and after an explosion of packing peanuts, we reveal the mystery.... the MOST ADORABLE diaper cake ever! Completely assembled! Jon's first comment was, "Wow, that is really cute!" Aiden said, "It's a diaper party!!" I just giggled. So fun! Dangling from the top were 2 pacifiers and a winnie the pooh super soft snuggly, and then the craziness began. We found "lollipops" which were feeding spoons and washcloths, "roses" that were baby socks on a stick, bath products, hair brush and spoon, formula holder, receiving blankets, onesies, and a secret box in the bottom layer with FIVE outfits. Yes I said five. Absolutely adorable, each and every one. I had a moment of feeling a little overwhelmed with all this unexpected generosity, and feel truly blessed and loved.

I keep telling myself this is real. I say it often, like feeling all the punching and kicking and rolling around in my belly isn't enough. We've got diapers now, baby shampoo, the tiniest onesies and outfits ever. The crib is up, the swing is downstairs. Wow, the time is near. 2 kids, an amazing daddy/husband, a beautiful home, in Hawaii no less. My cousin Suz said it perfect just yesterday, "dreams really do come true!"

Thanks again to Tina, Jim and Quintin for such an amazing OUTPOUR of gifts for Averie. And for Gramma Tootie for being there to take pictures of it all and help get the "diaper party" put together. It made our day!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is "Wow!" What a creation! I am impressed with the ability to create (and package) that, as well as with the generosity. Truly you are blessed with wonderful people in your life! I'm so glad! Love you!

    ReplyDelete