Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The first of many :(




It looks like my sweet baby girl should have been named "Crash." She's sooooo busy and curious! I thought that her crib was a safe place for her while I showered, pee peed in the potty, etc. Apparently not! I looked over while making the bed and boom, She lost her balance and socked herself in the face. Or maybe it was her Baby Einstein thingy hangin' on the side rail. Either way she screamed, I snuggled her and we went on our way. It's just sad to look at :( I'm grateful that it wasn't her actual eye, but just beneath it! She loves pulling herself up to her knees and thinks she's way more coordinated than she is. She's so dang determined that I don't know if she will ever be cautious. I think it's safe to say she didn't get it from me ;) I don't think any of the kids in my family would go down the McDonald's slide till we were 5 or something! LOL.

Anyway- Ave is still truckin' along like nothing happened. Oh to be a kid!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to my world!!! I know it's scary when they seem to have no fear, but I've come to learn that those kids with no fear actually get hurt less often (once they get balance down) because they are less tentative. If they have the confidence they can do whatever it is they are trying to do, they tend to do it successfully. It's the cautious ones (like me) that tend to get hurt because there is not full commitment made to the task at hand due to fear. I'm glad I've learned that because my nerves are much better off now as Giancarlo or Lauren or Annalisa set off to perform their physical feats!!! And I've learned to just look away some times because at their ages there is no stopping them!!! :) Hope Averie's face heals up quickly. She is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jon and Lauren,
    What a beautiful little lady she is. How is the dad thing going. Has she gotten use to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor boo boo girl! All better, right?

    ReplyDelete