Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!






Happy Easter everyone!

Time is flying by now that Spring is here...and that's just how we like it at the Brown house! I wish I could freeze the kids and not let them grow a millimeter until Jon gets home, but unfortunately life still happens :( What have we been up to you ask? Let me lay it out for ya...

Ave is approaching 7 months.Yes I said SEVEN. What. The. Heck. She's not a newborn anymore and it breaks my heart. She has FOUR teeth on the bottom. (I call it her full rack) and LOVES to CRAWL and follow Aiden everywhere. She's an absolute angel and I have NO IDEA how I was blessed with such amazing babies. Averie's smile just makes me melt, and she is starting to really get upset when I leave the room and she can't see me. It's a challenge cleaning a bathroom or doing laundry with Averie in tow, but it secretly makes me so happy that she wants me all the time. She's a fantastic sleeper and a good eater as well. I can't pick her up without my lips glued to her cheek :)

Mr. Aiden is transitioning from a boy who loves trains and more trains to boy who loves trains and STAR WARS. I was informed this week that "Obi Wan Kenobi Jesus Man" is Anikin's lucky guy. I guess I see the resemblance?? And that R2 D2 can fly and "Star Vadar" is bad. I think I'll wait for Jon to explain that Anikin IS "Star Vadar." Might break the poor kids heart! He loves his Mater Yoda shirt that he got for his birthday as well as his remote control R2 and electronic light saber. We were at the pool last week, and Aiden had his arm outstretched trying to reach his food across the table, but not leaning in for it. When I asked what he was doing, he replied, "Mom I just have to use the force to make my chicken come over here!" Awesome. We have a young Jedi on our hands.


He's losing more and more of his toddler-ness and really turning into a young boy. He is my designated trash man and diaper disposal helper. He is putting his dishes in the sink and brushing his teeth on his own too. It's a fun stage to be in with him, but I miss my little baby boy.

The kids do really love each other and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing them together. The way that Averie watches Aiden's every move and how he is so sweet and tender with her has got to be the most rewarding thing about parenthood. I'm trying to cherish every moment and not dwell that I'm the only one getting to witness it firsthand.


Jon is doing well and I think it's safe to say that he is more than ready for some R & R. He is slated to leave in about a month and we are counting down the days. We are going to spend part of the 2 week vacation on the Big Island at Hilton's Waikoloa Village. I'm so excited I am hardly stand it. I actually wouldn't care if I just got to sit on the couch all day with Jon and stare at him. I would feel like I died and went to Heaven. It should be a great 2 weeks and I'm sure some great memories will be made with the four of us!

Once again, Happy Easter to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The kids are darling!!! I am so excited you updated your blog.

    ReplyDelete