Saturday, May 2, 2009

A day of P....popcorn chicken, park, and playing around





It seems that even with preschool, Aiden is still needing more entertainment. Some days i feel like I JUST CAN'T be the only one for the job. I am not a jungle gym, my limit for playing trains and airplanes is not as long as Aiden would like it to be, and I can only watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse about 453 times until...well you know. I could sprout Minnie ears and a tail at any moment. :)

The solution??? Get our butts outside! We found a playground by the Barlow's house, which is just down the street. I told Aiden we were gonna have a picnic and go to the park, and of course he wanted pop tarts. He settled for KFC, and off to the drive-thru we went. We pull up, got our beach towel and food and hit the slides. The weather was perfect, and there were kids from the nearby houses all out there playing. At that moment, little Hannah Barlow, who is in preschool with Aiden comes running saying hi. Aiden was soooooo happy! He just adores her. She really is an adorable and sweet little girl.

After a little while of playing, Milena (Hannah's mom) comes out too, and we had the nicest time chatting about kids, church, shopping, etc. I LOVE that I met her and that she lives close! It was so great to have Aiden burning off his extra energy, and that I got a little bit of a break. :) We were there almost 2 hours!

We will definitely frequent this little park. We got home, had baths, and Aiden slept ALL NIGHT in his bed. He has not done this since Jon has left, so when I woke up this morning realizing that we both slept all night, I couldn't believe it! It was great!
Hannah and Aiden

No comments:

Post a Comment